Rangdum-Kanji-Hanupatta (6-7 Days)
Region: Zanskar, Ladakh,, Great Himalayas.
Total Day: 12
Trek Days: 06-07
Maximum Elevation (5200mt.) kanjila – la pass
Best period : End of July to end of September
Trek days over night.
Day 1: Delhi to leh by plane, pick up by car to Hotel, acclamatise. Night Hotel.
Day 2 : Sight seeing Shey, Thiksey, hemis and Stok palace. Night Hotel.
Day 3: Drive car towards lamayuru via alchi, Likir, Regzong Gonpa. Night at lamayuru.
Day 4: Leave toward kargil by visit of Gyal Gonpa, Mulbek Gonpa night at Rangdum camping on lash greenery camp site.
Day 5: Rangdum (3.400 m) to Junction of Kanji-La and Pingdon-La (4.150 m), 7 hours
From the village of Juldon go several kilometres along the track towards the Rangdum gompa. Go up along the river Kanji Nullah at the right bank for half an hour, then cross it. Continue along this river along a route with frequent ups and down. The route you take will depend on the rivers height. Follow this path until finding yourself in front of a narrow gorge. The way involves several easy stream crossings. You will find a good campsite at about 4.150 m (13.615 ft)
Day 6 : Junction of Kanji-La and Pingdon-La (4.150 m) to River Kong Nullah (4.300 m) via Kanji-La (5.200 m), 8 hours
Above the camp you take a path to the left of the gorge (the pack animals must follow the gorge). After half an hour you go to the gorge which you follow until reaching the pass Kanji-La 5.200 m (17.060 ft). You have to cross a mass of fallen rocks. From the pass you go west to the third cairn to find the way down. The first 2 hundred meters are steep. Go down along the left bank and pass an escarpment and make a very steep descent of about 300 meters back to the river Kong Nullah. There is a good campsite.
Day 7 : River Kong Nullah (4.300 m) to Kanji (3.850 m), 4 hours
Follow the river and cross it several times till you reach the village Kanji 3.850 m (12.631 ft). As you descend further the scenery gets even more impressive with soaring rock walls and colourful mountains.
Day 8: Kanji (3.850 m) to River Shillakong (4.100 m) via Yogma-La (4.700 m), 6 hours
If you leave the village Kanji you cross the river which comes down from the pass Yagma-La. You go through more beautiful gorges. After 2 hours cross the river in front of a small village and go up the valley leading to the Yogma-La 4.700 m (15.420 ft). It takes you a long 5 hours. From the summit of the pass you reach the river Shillakong 1 hour along a steep path. Cross it and arrive at a good campsite at 4.100 m (13.451 ft).
Day 9 : River Shillakong (4.100 m) to Hanupatta (3.830 m) via Niugutse-La (5.050 m), 8 hours
From the camp it is a long climb along the left bank to the third pass Sniugutse-La 5.050 m (16.570 ft). From the path you go down into a spectacular gorge. After 20 minutes you arrive at a stream which you follow for 2 hours until reaching a river. Hanupatta is an attractive village 3.830 m (12.560 ft). Jeeps can peck-up you.
Day 10 : Hanupata to wanla.
These days very slope to decending until the Fanjila village. Form from Fanjila there is a continuous trek route to chilling and Hemis. From Hanupata it’s a less interting to walk on raod. Pick up by car from wanla or Fanjila. Night at leh Hotel
Day 11: Shoping and rest at leh city.
Day 12 : Morning see off at leh Kyabje Bakula Rinpochey airport, fly to Delhi.
• Accommodation on twin sharing basis. Upper class guesthouse in Leh and Padum.
• Full board throughout the trekking tour (breakfast, lunch and dinner). In Leh only breakfast.
• All transport in private car (in Leh, near Padum, from Darcha to Amritsar)
• English speaking guide / escort throughout the tour in Ladakh .
• All entrances to monuments and Buddhist monasteries
• All sightseeing / arrival / departure / exclusion as per above said itinerary
• All supporting staff such as cook, guide, porters, ponies & dining tent, sleeping tent & toilet tent during trekking
• All applicable government taxes and service charges.
• Two men tent, Kitchen and dining tents.
• Kitchen equipments.
• Stool, Table and soft mattresses.
• helper and guide/cook
• Horses for Luggage.
• Boiled water for trekking
• Any flight tickets
• Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
• Any Kind of Personal Expenses such as drinks/alcohol and extra meals/snacks
• Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
• Who will be our guide?
• How many horses and how many cook/helpers?
• What is the name of the guesthouse in Leh and in Padum?
• Does the guesthouse in Padum have electricity for charging our batteries all day?
• What kind of car will drive us from Darcha to Amritsar?
• Is tipping expected, and if yes, what is a fair tip for the whole tour?